Annual International Human Resource Management Forum – New York City
National Foreign Trade Council
2011 Annual International Human Resources Forum
July 14-15, 2011 New York City
Optimizing Your Global Assets
As if continued economic problems in Greece, Ireland, Spain, Portugal and elsewhere aren’t enough of a challenge for the respective countries and multi-national corporations; the recent civil conflicts in North Africa and the Middle East and the tragic earthquake and tsunami in Japan have added unexpected problems in previous stable countries.
These events come at a time when underlying demographic trends in Western Europe, Japan and even China are affecting the sourcing and retention of talent in key markets. The emergence of China and India as competitors for talent as well as for business in their respective domestic as well as international markets are other major issues facing western multi-national corporations.
This July’s forum will include expert-led sessions on:
• Managing Global Business and Human Resource Risks
• The Importance of Innovation to the U.S. and World Economies
• The Integration of Global Talent and Mobility Management
• Cross-Border Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestments-Legal and Human Resource Issues
• IHR Management Case Studies in China, India the Middle East/North Africa
• Developing Global Business Leaders
• Keeping a Mobile Global Workforce Safe in an Unsafe World
• Understanding and Managing Cross-Border Employment and Labor Laws
• Emerging Markets: Talent and Deployment Challenges
In addition to subject matter experts from this year’s sponsors the Faculty will include business and IHR colleagues from: Cargill, Chevron, Citi, Corning, The Global Innovation Forum, KBR, Marsh, I.J. Martin & Company, MIT, The Nielsen Company, RBS, State Street Bank, TE Connectivity, UBS and The World Bank.
The National Foreign Trade Council gratefully acknowledges the participation of the Sponsors of this year’s forum: